Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Narrowing down decor plans - Boutique edition

Again....after months of thinking and planning, here's what has been narrowed down for the boutique.  We won't be able to paint until the owners move all the way out, but the weekend of August 5th it will be full steam ahead.

I've been really loving the striped paint look - not w/ 2 different colors, but with the tone on tone using different finishes.  I plan to do a matte light yellow with glossy yellow stripes.  Like this

but with a color like this



One of the things I've always envisioned since we started these plans was to have a seating area for husbands, tired friends, etc.  Since the Ikea chairs are small, comfortable enough (but not so comfortable people will want to sit there all day, haha), and have washable covers, these will fit the bill. 
with this as the coffee table/ottoman
and, if it fits, I may use this rug underneath, if not,then maybe just a plain seagrass type.
Not certain what we're using for shelves yet.  I have 5 bookcases in our house now that might work, or we will consider these type of units from Ikea.
We may also need to consider some sort of shelving units for some of the art.  Last night I met with one of my artists and she has some beautiful platters that will best be displayed on a shallow shelf with an edge to secure them against the wall.  Plan to look into that.  Also just realized I could probably add a piece of moulding to the top of this unit; that might work too.
Speaking of the artist, her name is Mary and here's a sneak peek at some of her pieces I'll have for sale!








As for boutique decor, the photography we'll have will take up some wall space, but I plan to put some of these things up. 

I love how the globes look like bubbles.  I don't plan to put them in a circle but maybe in more of a random pattern throughout.

And finally, I've been waiting to share some of the clothing inventory.  I still don't have pictures, but here is a list of brands we'll be carrying.  Sizes will be 0-18, XS through XXL.  Some brands will only be a piece or two, but many brands will be prominent throughout the sizes.
  • Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft
  • Banana Republic
  • J Crew
  • Gap
  • Old Navy
  • Forever 21
  • NY & Co
  • Bebe
  • Abercrombie and Fitch
  • American Eagle
  • Talbots
  • Ralph Lauren
  • Tommy Hilfiger
  • Lucky
  • Paige Premium Denim
  • Limited
  • INC
  • Liz Claiborne
  • Michael Kors
  • Calvin Klein
  • White House Black Market
  • Express
  • Caite
  • XOXO
  • DKNY
And adding more each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment