Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Art for the Boutique, part 2

A few weeks ago I posted here about the decor in the boutique and the first pottery artist, Mary.  Well this week I met with our 2nd artist, Jen.  I think Jen's whimsical and colorful clay sealife will definitely be a hit in Matlacha.  Here are some pictures of her pieces.  She has a mixture of hanging and sitting pieces that she makes from her studios in Palm Harbor and Safety Harbor.  We will have most, but not all, of these for sale in the boutique (at least one of these sold before I swooped in and grabbed the rest).









How freakin' cute are those fish?  They totally make me smile.  She told me she is working on some octupus's (octupi?) in a similar style.  I can't wait to see those!  Look for more to come. 

Her fish will be for sale between $30 and $60, which is a bargain for a handmade, one of a kind, functional or decorative piece for your home (functional since the sitting pieces can hold things: business cards, or a sponge or bar of soap, etc).

We are very much looking forward to working with Mary and Jen!  More artists to come....next up, PHOTOGRAPHY!

1 comment:

  1. I have purchased a few pieces from this artist as gifts and they have been hits!

    ReplyDelete