Monday, October 3, 2011

Next Decorating Tasks

The Redfish cottage is completely done and ready for rental.  We took a small breather with getting the store up and running, and that is doing well....so now it's time to get back to work on decorating the Tarpon.

We've moved the furniture in and put some decor around, but have been keeping it simple in order to get paint and some bigger decisions in place.  Last weekend I started painting the front room, which will be used as an office/2nd bedroom.  While I love the color, I'm not convinced it's not a touch too green.  I want a light aqua, but was afraid of going toward something that would read as pale blue.  I think the color looks great in the room it's in, but may be too much to use in the entire house.  Some phone pics:

So I don't know.  In trying to avoid "robin's egg blue" I may have gone into "Seafoam green" territory.

In addition to this or whatever other color I choose, here are a few other elements going into this cottage.  I hope this one will look as good as the other but it's a bit harder because I am working with a lot of existing elements and trying to "make them work" vs. starting from scratch as was done in the Redfish.

I think in the aqua room above I will add another seagrass/jute rug like we have under the dining room table here:

I love the look and it's pretty inexpensive for a rug.  The aqua room above will also have a painted desk and chair.  I will probably stick with white paint since the room will have so much color on the walls, and use one of these fabrics for the seat cover:



This room also has a large dark wood entertainment center not pictured.  It will mostly act as an amoire for anyone using that room as a bedroom.

The living room has our older tan couch and chair.  I plan to add this rug:


Along with pillows (already made) in these fabrics


and maybe this or something like it (not made yet)
Next to the couch is the kitchen counter and I bought these 2 ghost stools to sit under the counter and blend since they probably won't be used that often.
And I may reupholster our leather ottoman with something like this:

Then the bedroom is all dark espresso furniture (this bedroom set)

with all white linens and accent pillows from the fabrics above.  I have a turquoise lamp and some orange decor.  The room is pretty small so there is not much else to add.  It only has one tiny window over the bed, so there aren't any window treatments.  In fact, there are no window treatments anywhere since the windows all have the gorgeous white shutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment